Real Doctors (Life Makers)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
/October/ 23, 2017, 06:24:13 PM
6115 Posts in 1589 Topics by 6180 Members
Latest Member: kz7tfriex4b
Latest Forum Topics: Basic Gunshot Wound Care First Aid  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  Ultimate USMLE Collection: Steps 1, 2 & 3 Videos, Books & Audiobooks  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  THE POST GRADUATE STUDY  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  Surgical Examination Videos  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  Pathoma for step 1  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  Huge Collection of Dental Videos, Books & applications !  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  Psychology Books Collection: 300+ Books  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:   Vaccines: are they really safe & effective? [Video Collection]  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  The Ultimate Massage Thread: Huge Collection of Videos & Books about Massage  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  Manteca Chia - Full course of Taoist practice [1986-2007, DVDRip]  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  Natural Health - The Longevity Conference 2010 DVD Set  :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:  
Home Help Login Register

* Clinical examination videos for Free

Clinical exam videos for free

Real Doctors (Life Makers)  |  Clinical  |  Medicine & medical subspecialities  |  Test your knowledge « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Test your knowledge  (Read 6611 times)
cleo_md
Administrator

Test your knowledge
« on: /September/ 30, 2005, 07:53:18 AM »

Can anyone suggest the most likely diagnosis?

A 45 y/o white female comes to your office with complaints of diarrhea for 6 months . She has stopped all dairy products for the past few months, because another physician told her that her symptoms were caused by lactase deficiency, but there has been no improvement . The diarrhea occurs throughout the day and she has not noticed blood or pus in her stools . Her past medical history has been PUD for many years that has been relatively resistant to medical treatment. She takes maximum doses of omeprazole daily along with famotidine and still has symptoms. Her physical exam is unrevealing . Her lab results are normal except for a mild hypercalcemia .

dr_b.e.s.m
Administrator

Doctor

Re: Test your knowledge
« Reply #1 on: /October/ 01, 2005, 04:45:27 AM »

I read this question before  Grin so I won't answer it.  But here are some clues for the diagnosis

This is chronic diarrhea in an adult , most common cause is lactose intolerance (excluded because diarrhea persists after avoiding dairy products)

There is a combination of symptoms : Chr. diarrhea + resistant PUD.

Hypercalcemia also denotes something here.

deena

« Reply #2 on: /December/ 11, 2007, 11:53:35 AM »

i think its a carcinoid of the gut.  this would explain the resistent PUD for many years, ch diarrhea and also mild hypercalcemia.

deena

« Reply #3 on: /December/ 13, 2007, 03:21:08 PM »

asalam o alaikum
    i joined this community a couple of days ago . i dont know who are the moderaters.  but does any one come here any more
is this community currently active.
please let me know

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Google

Web www.real-doctors.com

| Tips club library